Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kim Wilson, Parking Tickets & Switching Plates

Senator Kim Wilson got a parking ticket on her Government car, but expects it to be canceled because she understands Ministerial vehicles are exempt from fines, this according to an article in today's Royal Gazette. It seems cars GP1- GP20? are the ones exempt as her plate is currently GP30 she received a ticket in error. My question is this, why take already scarce parking spaces from Joe Public when there is designated parking on Cabinet grounds?

I also question the legality of the constant switching of GP license plates by Public Works. I have personally seen two GP10's on the road at the same time. Is this another case of Government doing whatever it wants? If I have a trucking business with two trucks am I free to switch plates at will? Of course not as the vin numbers etc. would not correspond to what is in the records at TCD. If I am wrong on this can somebody please correct me....

No comments:

Post a Comment