Monday, December 20, 2010

"A Good Piece of Wood"

Puisne Judge Carlisle Greaves recently instructed  taxi drivers that it would have been better to have "a good piece of wood" or a bat in their vehicles, but not a knife or gun. 

Does this mean that it is now okay for a member of the general public such as myself to carry a similar weapon in our cars? I can recall being stopped during a police routine check a few years ago and having the baseball bat I had in my trunk confiscated by the officers.

I honestly feel that with the current state of Bermuda and our police being unable to deter crime it's better to be safe than sorry. So the next time I get stopped with a similar item in my car I will site the precedent that has been set in this case by Judge Greaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment